••• Scientist Trivia Game •••
- The first player holds the deck trivia side up and reads the trivia clues on the top card to the other players.
- The player with the card then has one try to name the scientist.
- If correct, the player shows the card to the other players and wins the card. If incorrect, the player puts the card face down at the bottom of the deck.
- The player then passes the deck to the left.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 until all the cards are gone from the deck or until time runs out.
- The player who wins the most cards wins the game.
••• Scientists Through History •••
- Players sort the scientists’ cards according to their birth year.
- The cards can be arranged on a table or by handing out cards to players who physically move with their cards into a human timeline.
- Discuss how science has changed over time.
••• The Fields of Science •••
- Players sort the scientists’ cards according to their various fields of science.
- Arrange cards on a table or by handing out cards to players who physically move with their cards into groups, such as space, zoology, and nuclear physics.
- Discuss which fields of science interest the players and what other areas of science might be considered.
••• Learn About the Scientists •••
Randomly pass out cards and have each player, one at a time, show their scientist’s card to the other players and read their scientist’s name and trivia to the group.
••• Which Scientist am I? •••
One player reads the trivia on a card to the other players. The other players shout out the name of the scientist. The first to correctly name the scientist is awarded the card.
••• Which Scientist is Pictured? •••
- One player shows the scientist’s picture to everyone while covering the scientist's name.
- Have the players guess the name of the scientist from the picture.
- Add trivia facts, one at a time, until the scientist’s name is guessed, or finally, the player with the card reveals the scientist’s name.
••• Research a Scientist •••
Students look at several cards to help them select a scientist on whom to prepare a research report.
••• Bring Science to Life •••
1. Teachers can select scientists cards that are relevant to the topic that they are about to teach.
2. Teachers can read these cards to the class or pass the cards out to students who read their scientist’s name and trivia to the group.
••• Choose the Next Video •••
(Requires Unboxing Scientists of World Video Series**)
- Teachers can select the cards of scientists whose area of science is relevant to the topic that they are about to teach.
- The teacher can read these cards to the class or pass the cards out to students who read their scientist’s name and trivia facts to the class.
- Have all of the students vote for the short video biography they want to watch.
••• Place Scientist Cards on the Timeline •••
(Requires Unboxing Scientists of World On-The-Wall Science Timeline**)
- Teachers can pass out single scientist cards to a few students.
- Have these students place their cards on the science timeline according to the scientist’s year of birth.
- Have the students tell the rest of the class what world events happened around the time of the scientists’ lives.
- Have the students tell what scientific discoveries occurred around the time of the scientists’ lives.
**Short video biographies of 55 scientists
and a 2800-year science timeline are available at: